Friday, July 17, 2009

LATONYA'S BARBEQUE






Michael and I attended a barbeque at our friend Latonya & Germaine's (it was adults only - which was the first time in a long time for us: -) and it was a very relaxing time. Latonya is a very special friend to me for several reasons. She and I were pregnant together with Davis & her son Garrison (they are only 6 weeks apart). I met Latonya at work and spent many days waddling to the bathroom with her as we both got bigger and bigger : -) I also discovered that Latonya had a love for Christ that was similar to mine and she has always prayed for my husband and I and always believed in positive things for my family. It also turns out that Latonya's father was a mentor of my husband's at Northwestern Mutual and we were not even aware. It really is a very small world for us to have two connections like that living in Milwaukee and me nor my husband being from the area. Latonya is also Diana's godmother and threw a surprise baby shower for me when I was expecting Diana. She is just an all around great friend and I absolutely adore her son Garrison. I have seen Latonya grow as a mother and a person over the past few years and I am so proud of her. I want my kids to know someday how much she loves them and is always bragging about them to everyone. Now that I have gone on and on I also want to say that her barbeque was probably the best I have ever attended. Her backyard was gorgeous and her husband Germaine is a fabulous cook. She even had her two nephews Miron & Austin serving food. I included a picture of Latonya and her father as they have both helped my family immensely. Thank you Latonya, Germaine, and Garrison for being great friends or should I say family.

No comments:

Post a Comment