Sunday, November 1, 2009

PLEASE PRAY FOR ANNIE

Our friend Annie has been battling lung cancer since September 2008. I met Annie through her cousin, my wonderful friend Cheri. Annie had been doing well but recently has become sick again so she is in need of our prayers. Davis, Diana and I went to see her at the hospital Thursday morning in hopes of cheering her up a bit. She was a real trooper for allowing my two little busy bodies to come to see her. I wasn't going to take any photos but Annie asked if I brought my camera (you know I did :-) so we got some shots of Cheri, Annie, and the kids. I included a photo of Annie before she was sick too. She is a beautiful and wonderful mother to two boys.

Davis enjoyed giving Annie high five and loved meeting all the doctors and nurses in the hallway. Miss Diana has been calling everyone and everything "Annie, Annie, Annie" since we left. Of all the activities, classes, and fun things my kids get to do, I really feel blessed when they have the opportunity to "help" others. Davis was so proud for cheering Annie up. I talked to the two of them on the way home in the car about how good it is to be kind and helpful to others especially those who are sick or in need of our support. I doubt they really understood but as I looked in the rear view mirror they were both shaking there heads "yes". I heard Davis tell Diana "we did that Diana - we cheered up Annie."


We are sending lots of love and prayers to Annie daily and would really appreciate any other prayers that could be offered up for Annie.






Here is the video I made last fall for Annie's fundraiser event:

No comments:

Post a Comment