Saturday, June 18, 2011

FIRST TRIP TO THE DENTIST...3/28/11

Our first trip to the dentist was a successful one. I was a little late on taking Davis (our pediatrician recommends going when they turn 3) and some people even go when the teeth start to erupt. My Mommy insticts told me everyone's teeth were fine so I went the slacker route and waited until Diana turned 3 so they could share the experience together.

It helped Diana to watch Davis go first...
She was calm, cool, and collected when it was her turn...
We made it out with no crying, no fear, and NO CAVITIES!! Yeah!! Even after all the pacifier use Mr. Davis did in his younger years his bite was just fine. I am very thankful. He only used it to fall asleep each night but I was still worried about the effect.
Looking tough after his cleaning while waiting for the dentist to come in...
The kids even got to have their teeth cleaned in the outerspace room - they were excited about the aliens they found on the wall.
I have to note that my kids were very well behaved at the dentist office ( the promise of a prize will do that). However, it took about 10 seconds once we hit the parking lot for them to get into a disagreement over who was going to get in the car first. I am so used to stuff like this now I just laugh and let them deal with it. The brother/sister dynamics are in full force around here and I am sure they will be here to stay for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment